Pop Smoke, born Bashar Barakah Jackson, was a promising star in the rap universe whose life and career were tragically cut short. In the brief time he graced the music scene, he left an indelible mark that continues to resonate with fans worldwide.
What You Want to Know?
Why is Pop Smoke So Famous?
Pop Smoke’s meteoric rise to fame can be attributed to his unique voice and the gritty drill beats that backed his tracks.
His music, rooted in Brooklyn drill, was a captivating blend of UK drill beats and New York rap narratives. Songs like “Welcome to the Party” and “Dior” became anthems, setting the stage for a flourishing career.
Yes, Pop Smoke tragically passed away on February 19, 2020. He was murdered during a home invasion robbery in Hollywood Hills, California. His untimely death sent shockwaves through the music community, leaving fans and fellow artists mourning the loss of such a promising talent.
Funeral and Remembrance:
Pop Smoke’s funeral was a testament to his impact. The procession through Brooklyn was met with a massive outpouring of love and grief.
Fans lined the streets to pay their respects, playing his music and chanting his name, turning the somber occasion into a celebration of his life.
- Songs: Some of Pop Smoke’s most notable tracks include “Welcome to the Party,” “Dior,” and “For The Night.”
- Albums: His posthumous debut studio album, “Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon,” received widespread acclaim and showcased his range and potential.
- Awards: Despite his brief career, Pop Smoke garnered several award nominations and won some, including a Billboard Music Award.
- Concerts & Tours: Pop Smoke’s energetic performances were a testament to his passion for music, with fans eagerly awaiting his shows.
- Net Worth: At the time of his death, Pop Smoke had amassed a considerable net worth, mostly from his music sales, performances, and brand endorsements.
- Age & Height: Pop Smoke was just 20 years old when he died and stood at 6’2″.
- Parents and Family: Pop Smoke was incredibly close to his family, especially his mother, Audrey Jackson. He also had siblings who he often mentioned in interviews.
- Relationship Status: While Pop Smoke’s personal life, including his relationship status, remained relatively private, he wasn’t known to be married or have children at the time of his death.
- House: The rapper’s tragic death occurred at his rental residence in Hollywood Hills, a location he had chosen to be closer to the epicenter of the entertainment world.
- Social Media: Pop Smoke’s social media channels were reflective of his music and personal life. His Instagram, in particular, was an intimate glimpse into his world.
- Pop Smoke’s Dad: While much attention is on Pop Smoke’s mother, his father, Greg Jackson, was also a prominent figure in his life.
- Life Before Fame: Before his rise to fame, Pop Smoke had a challenging upbringing in Canarsie, Brooklyn. He was open about his past brushes with the law and how music became an outlet for him.
- Last Words: The specifics of Pop Smoke’s last words are not publicly known. However, the legacy he left behind through his music speaks volumes.
Pop Smoke’s life, though brief, was full of passion, music, and ambition. His untimely death is a loss to the music community, but his legacy continues to inspire. In the words of many, “The Woo” will never be forgotten.