Tom Hanks is an American actor and filmmaker. Basically known for his roles in Comedy and Dramatic film. He was born on 9 July 1956 in California, United States. He is the most popular actor around the world and regarded as an American cultural icon. Read more to find out Tom Hanks Net Worth.
He was born to Janet Marylyn, a hospital worker and to Amos Mefford Hanks, an itinerant cook. His mother’s family was entirely Portuguese while his father has English ancestry.
He has no acting experience in college, in fact, he could not get cast in the college play. He went to downtown to give a start to his acting career and give an auditioned for a community theatre play, he was invited by the director of that play which insisted him to go to Cleveland, and there he started his acting career.
What You Want to Know?
- 1 Tom Hanks Net Worth
- 2 Net Worth of Other Popular Celebrities
- 2.0.1 Kevin Hart Net Worth, Wife, Movies, Height, Age and more
- 2.0.2 Amber Heard Net Worth, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.3 Macaulay Culkin Net Worth, Songs, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.4 Snoop Dogg Net Worth, Songs, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.5 Johnny Depp Net Worth, Movies, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.6 Will Smith Net Worth, Movies, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.7 Oprah Net Worth, Shows, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.8 Morgan Freeman Net Worth, Movies, Height, Age and More
- 2.0.9 Dwayne Johnson Net Worth, Movies, Wife, Height, and More
- 2.0.10 Tom Cruise Net Worth, Movies, Height, Age and More
- 3 Tom Hanks’s Family
- 4 Tom Hanks’s Early Life
- 5 Highlights of Tom Hanks’s Career:
- 6 Tom Hanks Professions
- 7 Tom Hanks Height and Age
- 8 Favorite Quotes from Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Net Worth
As of 2019, Tom Hanks’s net worth is estimated to be about $350 million dollars. He and his wife own side-by-side homes in pacific, palisades which they sell to the same buyer for a combined price of $18 million(approx).
Tom Hanks Net Worth: $18 Million
Net Worth of Other Popular Celebrities
Tom Hanks’s Family
He married to American actress Samantha Lewes in 1978 and they got separated in 1987 after nine years of marriage. Later he got married to Rita Wilson in 1988.
He has four children one son and one daughter with his first wife and two sons with his second wife.
Tom Hanks’s Early Life
Tom has very struggling days in his early years of life after his parents got separated in 1960. He was unpopular with students and teachers and later he tells in an interview that “I was a geek, a spaz. I was horribly, painfully, terribly shy”.
He lived with many stepfamilies after his parent’s divorce. He has no problem with alcoholism, but he was just a confused child.
Highlights of Tom Hanks’s Career:
- Forrest Gump (Movie, 1994)
- Academy Awards (Best Actor ‘Forrest Gump’, 1994) – Won
- Big (Movie, 1988)
- The Green Mile (Movie, 1999)
- Catch Me If You Can (Movie, 2002)
- The Terminal (Movie, 2004)
- The Da Vinci Code (Movie, 2006)
- Captain Phillips (Movie, 2013)
- Inferno (Movie, 2016)
- The Post (Movie, 2017)
Tom Hanks Professions
He worked as an actor, director, motivational speaker, and film and movie producer. He was also given his voice in popular movie series as a voice artist.
Tom Hanks Height and Age
6 ft 0 inches. 63 years July 9, 1956.
Favorite Quotes from Tom Hanks
“Some people are cowards… I think by and large a third of people are villains, a third are cowards, and a third are heroes. Now, a villain and a coward can choose to be a hero, but they’ve got to make that choice.” – Tom Hanks
“There isn’t any great mystery about me. What I do is glamorous and has an awful lot of white-hot attention placed on it. But the actual work requires the same discipline and passion as any job you love doing, be it as a very good pipe fitter or a highly creative artist.” – Tom Hanks
“I love what I do for a living, it’s the greatest job in the world, but you have to survive an awful lot of attention that you don’t truly deserve and you have to live up to your professional responsibilities and I’m always trying to balance that with what is really important.” – Tom Hanks
“My wife keeps on telling me my worst fault is that I keep things to myself and appear relaxed. But I am really in a room in my own head and not hearing a thing anyone is saying.” – Tom Hanks
“Truth is, I’ll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candor.” – Tom Hanks